Spread at the bottom of your shell and cover it with the savory toppings of your choice.
1. Peel and cube sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces
2. Blanche in salted, boiling water for 5-10 minutes until it just breaks apart with a fork. Do not overboil.
3. Drain. Add a knob of Earth Balance and a small amount of unsweetened soy milk to start.
4. Puree with a hand blender, if possible. Gradually add more soy milk and Earth Balance, a little at a time, until sweet potatoes whip up light and fluffy to your liking.
5. Taste. Add more sea salt if necessary, and finish by stirring in some freshly ground black pepper.
6. Use to fill tart shells or just eat off the spoon. Delicious.